28 February 2008

Blogging the (Fake) Ashes 06/07...

Like many English cricket fans, I'm convinced that the ill-fated Ashes Tour of last winter didn't *actually* happen. Reason enough, surely, to retreat into EA Cricket 07 to recreate the adventure Down Under in the pursuit of retaining the urn so gallantly won in 2005. And in doing so, at least in my mind and house, rewriting cricketing history to further dent Aussie pride and strengthen the legacy of the modern England cricket team.

So, as a little project conjured up in my spare time, I'll be letting you know just how my bid to alter the whole space-time continuum goes, starting with the 1st Test in Brisbane whenever I can be arsed. It should also be noted that the England and Australia squads are based on the current roster and not those at the time. Which means I shan't be facing McGrath, Warne and Langer. Advantage? Well, no. For they won't be facing Simon Jones, Trescothick or even Geraint Jones. Yeah. I kept Flintoff. I'm not stupid.

No comments: