8 January 2008

My favourite ever headline?

Some headline writers are masters of wit and punnery, and some, I would imagine, stumble upon it without even realising.

The creator, for example, of the delight that was "Super Caley Go Ballistic, Celtic Were Atrocious" must surely be an example of the former. Ingenious wordplay, and no doubt fortuitous to have had such a situation fall into his (or indeed her) hands.

But an example of the latter is this beauty I came across on nonleaguedaily.com, and before anyone says a thing, yes I am aware that it exposes the lingering adolescent within my mind, but I don't think for one minute that the writer here fully realised the innuendo that he (or, again, indeed her) was about to publish for amused souls like myself.

Marvellous and shit, isn't it?

No comments: